Sun, 06 Aug|
Yin Flow into Glow
Join Yeun for this nourishing practice which is based on traditional Chinese self-care techniques. Prepare to be entirely immersed into a deep relaxation, replenish your glow and embrace your natural beauty.
Time & Location
06 Aug 2023, 13:30 – 15:45
Arch Barn, Harewood Holistics
About the event
This nourishing practice is based on traditional Chinese self-care techniques. Prepare to be entirely immersed into a deep relaxation, replenish your glow and embrace your natural beauty.
We will begin the session using mindful Qi inspired movements to awaken and boost the body whilst calming the mind and spirit. Yeun will then guide you through a soothing facial massage routine to release toxins and relax facial muscles. Followed by working on deeper Facial Gua Sha techniques to promote healthy vital Qi circulation whilst toning and sculpting the facial muscles. Acupressure points will be applied to neutralise negative energy, support eye-strain, reduce headaches, de-puff the eyes and support sinus congestion. The practice will close with a blissful Yoga Nidra inspired meditation. Take the time to absorb your practice and be fully immersed in a restorative balanced state.
What is Facial Gua Sha and acupressure?
Gua Sha is a holistic ancient massage technique based on traditional Chinese medicine to prevent and treat health issues, becoming popular for anti-aging and supporting beauty concerns.
Many of us hold emotional and physical tension, often visible on our faces and skin. These often cause symptoms like headaches and signs of aging that can affect our overall health. Facial Gua Sha and acupressure can help address many problems, such as reducing the appearance of frown lines to plumping the skin, reducing inflammation and anxiety.
This Yin Flow into Glow allows space for you to feel relaxed, rejuvenated and restored.
- We will begin the session using mindful Qi inspired movements and body tapping to awaken the flow of the meridians and release any tension in the body.
- Acupressure points for healing energy and beauty focus
- Facial massage to stimulate lymphatic drainage and awakening the skin
- Healing Facial Gua Sha massage to support a radiant complexion
- Qi Gong inspired movements to ground the mind and body
- Relaxation through a breathwork and a guided meditation
Prior to workshop:
- Please come with a doubled cleansed face and décolletage
- Bring a hairband or hair tie to keep hair off face
- Wear comfortable clothing with access to the chest area
Products supplied for the workshop: yoga mats, bolsters, blankets, Gua Sha tool, natural facial oil or balm and facial mist (you are also welcomed to bring your own). A consultation form will be emailed to you, please complete and return to Yeun a minimum of 3 days prior to the workshop.
Please check the attached contraindications below to ensure this class is suitable for you. If you have any concerns you are advised to check with your doctor.
Contraindications for Facial Gua Sha requiring medical permission:
- Medical oedema
- Recent diabetes
- Undiagnosed pain
- Prescribed medication
- Nervous/psychotic condition
- Facial operations affecting the area
- Unsuitable during first trimester of pregnancy
- Ticket type
Yin Flow into GlowPrice£40.00