Fri, 17 Jan|
Harewood Holistics / Arch Barn Studio
Nourish your Soul: A Transformational Yoga Retreat
This immersive mid winter retreat will take you to the heart of the matter. Allowing us to fine tune our wants and desires. Enjoy twice daily yoga practices, intuitive eating workshops and being in nature.
Time & Location
17 Jan 2025, 16:00 – 20 Jan 2025, 11:00
Harewood Holistics / Arch Barn Studio , Harewood, Leeds LS17, UK
About the event
This immersive mid winter retreat will take you to the heart of the matter. Allowing us to fine tune our wants and desires. Using the body as anchor point for our awareness and a connection point to the collective consciousness, our guides and our higher selves we will explore our minds and bodies with a new appreciation and acceptance.
Using candlelit Yoga Nidra to heighten our interoception (the sense of knowing what is going on inside our body) we can begin to try listen to what the body is trying to communicate to us. Poor interoception is linked to higher stress and eating disorders as we lose track or our innate internal harmonies.
The inbuilt underfloor heating will keep us snug as bugs allowing us to truly lose our minds in our bodies throughout out our Nidra, Yin and Vinyasa practices. In amongst the Yoga we have 2 workshops planned with the highly experienced Georgina Wright.
Georgina Wright is a certified intuitive eating counsellor and registered physiotherapist, based in North Yorkshire, who helps women to end the diet-binge cycle, make peace with food and their body, transform their health without deprivation, and reclaim their life with trust, freedom, and true purpose.
‘I successfully transformed every aspect of my health through the evidence-based self-care framework of intuitive eating after more than a decade of not trusting my body and repeating the same cycle of failing diets, emotional eating, binge eating, and constantly obsessing about my weight while gaining and losing the same 40 pounds over and over with endless guilt, shame and frustration, and it’s been such a relief to find the answers I have always longed for to improve my health but couldn't find, until now!’
I am passionate about teaching you to become the expert of your own body through the 10 principles of Intuitive eating framework, where you will learn more about why diets don’t work, and are actually holding you back from the health you deserve, and how to reconnect to your body’s inbuilt wisdom to nourish your body with trust instead of control, and to be able to enjoy all foods with peace, freedom and variety to honour all aspects of your physical, mental and emotional health, creating results which are both long-lasting and sustainable.
Escaping from the stresses and demands of life not only physically but also mentally, energetically and spiritually. We welcome you to the stunning setting that is the Harewood Estate, which is it’s very own country oasis nestled nicely between Leeds and Harrogate.
3 day yoga retreat schedule
Arrivals from 4 pm
Settle in - Evening 1 hr practice in the Arch Barn followed by delicious healthy dinner
Saturday morning 1.5hr meditation & practice followed by breakfast
Workshop 1: Introduction to 10 principles of Intuitive Eating self-care framework
Lunch followed by afternoon wild water swimming/grounding/treatment options with Georgina
Evening 1 hr practice in the Arch Barn followed by dinner in Hawks House
Cottage Yoga Nidra and slide into bed
Sunday morning 1.5hr meditation & practice in the Arch Barn followed by breakfast
Workshop 2: Healing body image
Lunch followed by afternoon wild water swimming/grounding/treatment options
Early evening 1 hr practice in the Arch Barn followed by dinner
Cottage Yoga Nidra and slide into bed
Breakfast and departures for 10 am
Where you will be staying
Hawkes House and Herons nest are Grade II Listed cottages which ooze character and are spacious with unique charm, sat in approximately ½ acres of grounds. Enjoy the wood fired hot tub, lounging in the 2 snug rooms or watching the deer in the deer park from the garden.
Not only will your break be bathed in heritage, but you can holiday with a clear conscience as Harewood properties are fitted out with sustainability in mind. Our cottages are heated by renewable energy and complimentary electric car charging points are accessible for all guests.
Outside, the property offers a pretty, well-established cottage garden to the front with picnic table, extensive grassed area to the side and large fenced rear patio area to the rear with table and chairs for 10 people, BBQ and fire pit. It also boasts a 6 berth Eco wood fired Hot Tub with Hydro jets and gazebo with additional bench seating.
Additional activity options
Relaxing range of treatments to choose from
Grounding - barefoot walking - field/woods/by the lake etc
Nature walks - We have over 5 miles of walks through deer parks and landscape designed by Lancelot “Capability” Brown.
We can offer a cycling experience that takes in routes used in the Tour de France and Tour de Yorkshire
Fire up the hot tub and enjoy stunning views into the deer park
- The Master bedroom has great views to the front of the property, looking over into the Deer Park, has a fixed Super king Hypnos bed and 43 inch smart TV. A door leads to a substantial en suite with modern fittings including a sink with vanity unit, en suite bath with rain dance shower and rich marble effect tiles floor to ceiling. This is the perfect option for those wishing to share a double bed with a partner or have their own private room.
- The second bedroom has a king size Hypnos bed that can be set as twins if preferred and boasts a newly fitted en suite with larger than average walk in Rain dance shower. Perfect for sharing single beds or those looking for their own room.
- The third and fourth bedroom also enjoy views to the front across the Estate and have also been tastefully decorated and both feature bespoke limited-edition woodblock printed wallpaper designed by Annika Reed Studio. Both feature super king Hypnos beds and are perfect for 2 single sharers or someone looking for their own room. There is a shared bathroom.
- Herons Nest is a cosy yet spacious 1 bedroom cottage. The cottage sits within the same grounds as Hawks House on Harewood Estate and although totally separate it can be booked alongside next door’s Hawks House. This is perfect for a couple who want to share their own cottage in a double bed or a single person who would like more privacy.
- Accommodation for 3 nights (varible price depending on the room option)
- 6 sessions of yoga / meditation activities in the Arch Barn and additional Yoga Nidra in the Holiday Cottage before bed
- 2 x Workshops with Georgina Wright
- All food and refreshments
- Gift bag to take home
Master Bedroom Hawks House
The Master bedroom has great views to the front of the property, looking over into the Deer Park, has a fixed Super king Hypnos bed and 43 inch smart TV. A door leads to a substantial en suite with modern fittings including a sink with vanity unit, bath with rain dance shower and rich marble effect tiles floor to ceiling. Food and refreshments for the retreat and 6 yoga sessions in the Arch Barn and cottage.£899.00
The third and fourth bedroom also enjoy views to the front across the Estate and have also been tastefully decorated and both feature bespoke limited-edition woodblock printed wallpaper. There is a shared bathroom for this option and each room can accommodate 2 single beds.£650.00
Herons Nest, a cosy yet spacious 1 bedroom cottage. The cottage sits within the same grounds as Hawks House on Harewood Estate and although totally separate you will still enjoy eating together and cottage bedtime yoga Nidra sessions. This is perfect for a couple wishing to share a double bed. All food and refreshments and yoga and meditation activities are included.£850.00
Double bed shared bathroom
• The third and fourth bedroom also enjoy views to the front across the Estate and have also been tastefully decorated and both feature bespoke limited-edition woodblock printed wallpaper. This ticket includes a shared spacious bathroom that has a rain dance shower over the bath, sink with vanity unit and tasteful white modern tiles. Food and refreshments, 6 yoga and meditation sessions and 2 x workshops with Georgina in the Arch Barn.£800.00
Double bedroom with en suite
The second bedroom has a king size Hypnos bed that can be set as twins if preferred and boasts a newly fitted en suite with larger than average walk in Rain dance shower. An additional cost of £150 for food per person is required for couples booking this room.£850.00