CPD for Integrative Practitioners with Tatina Semprini
Time & Location
About The Event
Day 1 course contents:
- Palpation of main muscles and bony landmarks of the upper and lower body
- Drawing anatomical structures (bones and muscles) on each other whilst referencing these in literature and exploring origin and insertions.
Aim: to improve your observation and palpation skills of muscles and bones in the upper and lower body. Develop your understanding of the function of various anatomical structures in the human body to improve your skills as a hand on therapist.
Note: this day will involve drawing on each other with crayons that are suitable for use on skin. Please bring wet wipes and a large towel. Please bring any Anatomy and Physiology books you have although we will have some learning materials on the day. Please wear comfortable clothes and no false nails.
Day 2 course contents:
- Explore the principles of Soft tissue release (STR) and how to apply it to soft tissue effectively.
- When STR is indicated and when not to use it (contraindications)
- How to incorporate STR into a massage treatment
- Practical Practice: STR to major muscle groups in upper body and lower body, STR in different positions - sitting, supine, prone and side-lying
Note: Please wear comfortable clothes and no false nails.